Teaching Interests: Architectural Design Studios, Architectural Professional Practice, Sustainable Architecture, Research Methods, Architecture and Urbanization in the
Architectural Design Studios all levels, including Graduation Projects, and Architectural Design Fundamentals, Basics, Visualization and Communication.
General Architecture Courses: Architectural Professional Practice, Environment and Behavior Research, Human Factors in Architecture, Architectural Research Methods, Post Occupancy Evaluation Research, Architecture in the Middle East, Introduction to Interior Design, Art Appreciation.
Course Development Activities:
* Developed graduate and undergraduate courses to be taught for the first time in Departments of Architecture at Qatar University, UAE University, and Kuwait University including: Architectural Communication, Architecture in the Middle East, Architectural Professional Practice, Graduation Project, Introduction to Interior Design, Human Environmental Factors, and Urban Planning Legislations.
* Uses BlackboardTM E-learning system and the Online Courses System (OCS) to develop online courses. Students are using this facility to study and access their lectures, assignments, readings, grades, course announcements and other course related materials on-line.
Academic Committees Activities:
- Curriculum and Accreditation Committee
o Responsibilities include review curriculum, establish contact with NAAB, initiated the accreditation process at Qatar University and preparation of NAAB accreditation request. Activities include:
o Preparation of accreditation request, course descriptions and faculty CVs according to NAAB format.
o Preparation of NAAB Matrix according to the 32 Student Performance Criteria.
- Quality Assurance Committee
o Preparation of Program Learning Outcomes Matrix and Quality Assurance Strategy and Forms.
- Design Courses Committee
o Coordinate activities of design courses teaching, projects, juries, etc.
o Developed guidelines and criteria for teaching design courses.
o Developed and coordinated the Graduation Project teaching activities and documentation.
o Development of a document titled “Guideline Document of the Architectural Design Studios at AUP” posted on the internet to be accessible to students and faculty members.(http://www.qu.edu.qa/engineering/architecture/Architectural_Design_Studios.php)
- Research Committee
o Review and establish Honors Program requirements
o Organization of Research Workshop
- Undergraduate Program Committee (UPC), coordinator:
- Responsibilities include review curriculum, suggest modifications and changes. Updated curriculum under the supervision of NAAB to included 5 new compulsory courses that received department approvals to execute the changes in 2007-2008 academic year. Submitted the required paper work to the college and university committee to approve changes for implementation of the new curriculum.
- Established contact with NAAB, initiated the accreditation process at Kuwait University and participated in the NAAB preliminary and final accreditation visit preparations. Activities included:
- Preparation of APR, course files and exhibition.
- Preparation of NAAB Matrix according to the 37 Student Performance Criteria.
- Presentation of current program curriculum and proposed modifications.
- Design Courses Committee, coordinator:
- Coordinated activities of design courses teaching, projects, juries, etc.
- Developed guidelines and criteria for teaching design courses.
- Developed and coordinated the Graduation Project teaching activities and documentation.
- Wrote a document titled “Design Courses and Studios Manual” posted on the internet to be accessible to students and faculty members.
- Graduate Program Committee member:
- Participated in the development of the Master Program curriculum and courses.