Paper Published in Refereed Journals:
* Yasser Mahgoub. (2013). An interdisciplinary approach to study Qatari traditional architecture. Qatar Foundation Annual Research Forum Proceedings: Vol. 2013, SSHP 022. Published online: 22 Nov 2013.
* Mahgoub, Y. (2013) TRACING THE EVOLUTION OF URBANISM IN KUWAIT. OPEN HOUSE INTERNATIONAL 38 (4), 80-89.
* Mahgoub, Y. and Khalil R. (2012) Impact of Human Behavior on Energy Utilization.Journal of Chemical and Environmental Engineering. December 2012
* Mahgoub, Y. and Khalfani, F. (2012) Sustainability of Gated Communities in Developing Countries. Developing Country Studies ((ISSN 2224-607X (Paper) ISSN 2225-0565 (Online)) Vol 2, No. 6, pp. 53-63.
* Mahgoub, Y. and Qawasmeh, R. (2012) Cultural and Economic Influences on Multicultural Cities: The case of Doha, Qatar. Open House International special issue on Urban Space Diversity: Paradoxes and Realities, ISSN:01682601, Volume 37, No. 2, June 2012, pp. 33-41.
* Mahgoub, Y. Abbara, B. (2012) Tall Buildings Legislations in Doha, Qatar. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, ISSN:18770428, Volume 36, 2012, pp. 640-649.
* March 2009, Mahgoub, Y. (2009) Socio-Cultural Sustainability of Future Learning Environments. Open House International on: Shaping the Future of Learning Environments: Emerging Paradigms and Best Practices, ISSN: 01682601, Vol 34, No.1, March 2009. pp: 68-74.
* March 2008, Mahgoub, Y. (2008) The Impact of War on the Meaning of Architecture in Kuwait. Paper refereed and published in The International Journal of Architectural Research (Archnet-IJAR), ISSN: 19946961, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp. 232-246.
* December 2007, Mahgoub, Y. (2007) Towards Sustainable Desert Eco-Tourism in Kuwait: Learning from the Regional Experience. Paper refereed and published in Open House International-OHI: ECOLODGES and ECO-TOURISM, ISSN: 01682601, Volume 32, Number 4, pp. 75-82.
* May 2007, Mahgoub, Y. (2007) Cultural Sustainability and Identity: The Case of Kuwait. Paper refereed and published in The International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability. ISSN: 1832-2077, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.137-144.
* April 2007, Mahgoub, Y. (2007) Architecture and the Expression of Cultural Identity in Kuwait. Paper refereed and published in The Journal of Architecture, ISSN: 1360-2365, Volume 12, Number 2, pp.165-182.
* March 2007, Mahgoub, Y. (2007) Hyper-Identity: The Case of Kuwaiti Architecture. Paper refereed and published in (Archnet-IJAR) The International Journal of Architectural Research, Volume 1 Number 1, pp. 70-84.
* June 2004, Mahgoub, Y. (2004) Globalization and the Built Environment in Kuwait. Paper refereed and published in Habitat International, ISN: 0197-3975, Volume 28, Number 4, pp. 505-519.
* 2002, Mahgoub, Y. (2002) The Development of Private Housing in Kuwait: The Impact of Building Regulations. Paper refereed and published in Open House International, ISSN: 01682601, Volume 27 Number 2, pp. 47-62.
* May 1998, Mahgoub, Y. (1998) Impact of Information Technology on the Design of Schools and Classrooms. Paper refereed and published in Engineering Scientific Journal, a refereed Journal Published by College of Engineering, Ain Shams University.
* 1998, Mahgoub, Y. (1998) Post Occupancy Evaluation of Elementary School Buildings in Al Ain City, United Arab Emirates. Paper refereed and published in Emirates Journal for Engineering Research, Volume 3 Number 1, pp. 1-12.
* 1994, Mahgoub, Y. (1994) The Use of Hypertext Systems in Architecture. Paper refereed and published in Dirasat Hundasia, Volume 7 Number 1, pp. 78-95.
Paper Presented and Published in Conference Proceedings:
* June 2012, Mahgoub, Y. and Khalil, R. (2012) Impact of Human Behavior on Energy Utilization, International Conference on Energy and Environment -ICEE 2012, 21-23 June 2012, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
* October 2011, Mahgoub, Y. (2011) Towards Eco-Tall Buildings in Doha, Paper published in the proceeding of Council of Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat 2011 World Conference, COEX, Seoul, South Korea.
* April 2010, Mahgoub, Y. (2010) The use of traditional architecture elements in contemporary architecture in Kuwait. Paper published in the proceeding of First International Conference for Urban & Architecture Heritage in Islamic Countries: Its role in Cultural & Economic Development, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 23-28 May 2010.
* October 2009, Mahgoub, Y. (2009) Modifications of Governmental Housing Projects in Kuwait, Paper presented and published in the proceeding of 2009 International Conference on Social Science and Humanities, October 10-12, 2009, Singapore (ICSSH 2009), pp. 109-114.
* November 2007, Regional Architecture and Identity in the Age of Globalization, Tunisia, 13 - 15 November, 2007. Organized by The Center for the Study of Architecture in the Arab Region (CSAAR) In Collaboration with Department of Architecture, National School of Architecture and Urbanism, Tunis, Tunisia. Paper presented and published in conference proceedings titled: Impact of Globalization On The Built-Environment Identity In The Arabian Gulf Region.
* February 2006, 1st Gulf First Urban Planning and Development Conference, 20 - 22 February 2006, Kuwait. Paper presented and published titled: Socio-Cultural Sustainability and Urban Development in Kuwait.
* October 1997, Commonwealth Association of Architects and-Indian Association of Architects, International Conference on Urbanisation and Housing. Paper presented and published titled: Sustainable Architecture in the United Arab Emirates.
* April 1994, Seminar on Islamic Architecture: Evolution and Development Workshop, The Cultural and Scientific Association, Dubai, Paper presented and published titled:Islamic Architecture in the Age of Information.
* December 1990, Shelter and Urbanization Conference, Center for Housing and Building Research, Cairo, Arab republic of Egypt. Paper presented and published titled: Shelter and the Individual.