Paper or Posters Presented in Conference:
* November 2013, “An interdisciplinary approach to study Qatari traditional architecture”, Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference 2013, poster presentation.
* June 2013, Mahgoub, Y. (2013) “The Impact of Building Legislation on the Transformation of Architecture in the Gulf Region”. 3rd Annual International Conference on Architecture, 10-13 June 2013, Athens, Greece.
* October 2012, “Energy Utilization and Human Behavior in Higher Educational Facilities”, Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference 2012, poster title, poster presentation.
* June 2011, “Shaping the Skyline by Building Tall: Creating Distinctive Landmark Developments” Tall Building Middle East Conference 19 – 22 June 2011, Doha, Qatar.
* April 2011, Cultural Aspects in Lighting Design. The Middle East 3rd Lighting Solutions Conference. 26th April 2011.
* December 2006, Tenth Conference of the International Association for the Study of Traditional Environments Hyper Traditions. Bangkok, Thailand, December 15-18, 2006. Paper presented titled: Hyper-Identity and Kuwaiti Architecture.
* February 2006, 1st International Symposium on Environment, Behaviour and Society, People in Place in People, February 9-11, 2006, Sydney, Australia. Paper presented titled:Architecture and the Expression of Cultural Identity in Kuwait.
* July 2005, IAPS-CSBE ‘Culture and Space in the Built Environment Network’ Social Change and Spatial Transformation in Housing Environments Under the umbrella of XXIInd UIA World Congress of Architecture UIA 2005 ISTANBUL. Paper presented titled: Socio-Cultural Sustainability of Housing Environments in Kuwait.
* May 2004, 9th IACEE World Conference on Continuing Engineering Education, Strategy of Continuing Engineering Education for International Competence and Cooperation, 15-20 May 2004, Tokyo, Japan. Paper presented titled: “Global and Local Requirements for an Objective Evaluation System for Architectural Competence: The Case of Kuwait”.
* December 2002, Eighth Conference of the International Association for the Study of Traditional Environments (UN)BOUNDING TRADITION : The Tensions of Borders and Regions Hong Kong, December 12-15, 2002. Paper presented titled: Making Kuwait: Tradition vs. Modernity.
* October 2002, The First Housing Conference sponsored by Kuwait Society of Engineers. Paper presented titled: Built Environmental Transformation and Building Regulations in Kuwait.
* July 2002, THE 17th IAPS Conference - 24 – 27th July 2002 - Galicia, Spain. Paper presented titled: Globalization and Architecture: The case of Kuwait.
*July 2001, EDRA 32/2001: Old World - New Ideas, Edinburgh, Scotland. Paper presented titled: Old Ideas in a New World: The Case of the Gulf Region.
* June 2001, IAPS Conference: Culture and Space in the Built Environment Network, Continuity and Development trends in traditional environments, Second International Symposium of IAPS-CSBE Network, Amasya, Turkey. Paper presented titled: The Transformation of Traditional Rural Settlements in Egypt.
* June 1997, International Housing Conference Housing In The 21st Century, Virginia Tech., Alexandria, Virginia, U.S.A. Paper presented titled: Housing Trends and Prospects of Marginalized Populations in Al Ain City, UAE.
* May 1997, Development, Environment, and Information Systems in Arab Cities Conference, Tunisia, Tunisia. Under the Supervision of The Arab Cities Organization. Paper presented titled: Visual Pollution in the Arab Cities.
* June, 1995 Seminar on Preservation of Architectural Heritage in the U. A. E. Dubai, UAE. Paper presented titled: Impact of Modernization on Architectural Heritage in the United Arab Emirates.
* November 1994, Healthy Cities Conference, Dubai, UAE. Under the Supervision of The Arab Urban Development Institute, Paper presented and published titled: The Psychological Health of the Arab City.